The following political events took place on November 10th:
- In 901 the Adelaide of Paris, Queen of Western Francia died
- In 1566 Robert Devereux, 2nd Earl of Essex is born, English politician.
- In 1821 Cry of Independence by Rufina Alfaro at La Villa de Los Santos, Panama setting into motion a revolt which lead to Panama’s independence from Spain and to it immediately becoming part of Colombia.
- In 1845 Sir John Sparrow David Thompson, fourth Prime Minister of Canada is born. He died in 1894.
- In 1848 Christian VIII of Denmark, King of Denmark died.
- In 1898 the beginning of the Wilmington Insurrection of 1898, the only instance of a municipal government being overthrown in US history.
- In 1975 the United Nations Resolution 3379: United Nations General Assembly approves a resolution equating Zionism with racism.
- In 1989 the Fall of the communist regime in Bulgaria.
- In 2000 Jacques Chaban-Delmas, Prime Minister of France died.
- In 2006 Sri Lankan Tamil Parliamentarian Nadarajah Raviraj is assassinated in Colombo.
That’s about it for today. Hope you all had a great ‘This Day in Politics.”