I thought I would give you a few interesting political quotes that I can across on the internet today.
- “A politician needs the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn’t happen.” – Winston Churchill
- “(The Weakest Link) is fascinating program. They ask a bunch of people questions and they keep getting rid of the dumbest person, so just the smartest person is left. It is kind of the opposite way we elect a president.” – Jay Leno
- “Run for office? No. I’ve slept with too many women, I’ve done too many drugs, and I’ve been to too many parties.” – George Clooney
- “Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.” – Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC.
- “You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.” – George W. Bush
- “In Mexico, an air conditioner is called a ‘politician,’ because it makes a lot of noise but doesn’t work very well.” – Len Deighton
- “Democracy is being allowed to vote for the candidate you dislike least.” – Robert Byrne
- “When I was on my way to the podium a gentleman stopped me and said I was as good a politician as I was an actor. What a cheap shot!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Politicians are interested in people. Not that this is always a virtue. Fleas are interested in dogs.” – PJ O’Rourke