Transfer Update: Liverpool Agree fee for Suarez but Reject Chelsea’s bid for Torres



Suarez on his way to Liverpool

Suarez on his way to Liverpool

In a busy day on Merseyside, Ajax have accepted Liverpool’s £22.8million bid for striker Luis Suarez, while Liverpool reject Chelsea’s bid for Fernando Torres.

Ajax have accepted a £22.8 million bid from Liverpool for star striker Luis Suarez.

Liverpool had been linked with Suarez throughout January, and after initial fears that the move would not be happening, the two clubs have today reached an agreement.

The announcement comes after Liverpool rejected a reported £35 million bid from Chelsea for Spanish star Fernando Torres.

A spokesperson for Liverpool revealed the Premiership champions had made a bid for the under-performing world cup winner.

Liverpool FC issued the following statement to The Times.

“Chelsea have made a bid for Fernando which has been turned down”.

The spokesperson for the club made Liverpool’s intentions clear when it stated; “The player is not for sale”.

However, it now appears that Torres is open to a move to the Premiership champions. Chelsea are now expected to make an improved offer for the striker before Monday’s deadline.

Chelsea have failed in their attempt to land Benfica’s Brazilian defender David Luiz after transfer negotiations broke down. The Portuguese club released the following statement today.

“The negotiations between Benfica and Chelsea F.C with regard to the potential transfer of David Luiz, were concluded today without the parties reaching an agreement”.

Birmingham have signed former Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins on loan until the end of the season.

The striker who currently plays for Russian club Rubin Kazan, has failed to settle and is now keen on a move back to the Premiership where he enjoyed a mixed time at Newcastle United.

Inter Milan have distanced themselves from the speculation regarding their reported bid for Tottenham midfielder Gareth Bale.

Inter were reportedly lining up a £40 million bid for the Welsh international in the summer, however Inter chief executive Ernesto Paolillo said told reporters; “It is incorrect. It’s not true”.

Leave your comment

  • (not published)