Premiership Results: United Stay Top, Chelsea & Arsenal Win

Rooney hits double

Rooney hits double

Manchester United remain five points clear at the top of the Premiership, while Arsenal and Chelsea keep up their pursuit of Ferguson’s men.

It took United only 50 seconds to take the lead, when Rooney raced onto Van Der Sar’s long ball to fire home for only his 4th Premiership goal of the season.

Rooney made it 2-0 right on the brink of half time, to put United in a comfortable position.

The second half was similar to the first with both teams playing counter attacking football, and Bent gave Villa hope just before the half hour when he made it 2-1.
However United had another gear in them, and Captain Nemanja Vidic fired home from close range to give Alex Ferguson’s men victory.

Arsenal came back from behind to beat a battling Everton at the Emirates Stadium.

David Moyes’ men went ahead through Louis Saha in the 24th minute, and Everton looked good for their lead.

Arsenal came out stronger in the second half and managed to break Everton down in the 70th minute, when Arshavin made it 1-1.

Koscielny stuck five minutes later to complete the comeback for Wenger’s men, and keep them five points behind Manchester United.

Chelsea also had to come from behind to beat Sunderland, and Anchelotti’s men were made work for their three points.

Sunderland went ahead after just four minutes through defender Phil Bardsley, before Lampard equalised from the spot after 15.

Kalou put Chelsea 2-1 on 23 only to see another former Manchester United player Kieran Richardson, to equalize three minutes later for Bruce’s men.

Chelsea battled to regain the lead and on the half hour went 3-2 up through captain John Terry, before Anelka sealed off the win in the 90th minute to keep Chelsea’s slim title chances alive.

In the relegation six pointer, it finished 2-2 between West Brom and Wigan.

Odemwinge put West Brom ahead after just five minutes, before N’Zogbia made it 1-1 after 20.

Wigan then went 2-1 up right before half time through Ben Watson, before Marc Fortune made it 2-2 to share the points.

Leave your comment

  • (not published)