Unluckiest man in the world struck by lightning in home



lightning

lightning

A US man has been admitted to hospital after reportedly being struck by lightning inside his own.

John Wade Agan, dubbed the ‘unluckiest guy in the world’, said the last thing he remembers was using a corded phone as he leant over a metal sink.

This follows several other unfortunate events for the taxi driver. He reported that in the last four years he has been robbed at gun point, stabbed in the chest with a butchers knife and bitten, at the same time, by two venomous snakes.

Misty Agan, Mr Wade’s daughter, 26, said she saw the latest incident first-hand.

She said the that she heard the phone drop and her dad saying ‘Oh!Oh!Oh!’ before he fell to the ground shaking.

Mr Wade, who was admitted to Tampa General Hospital on Tuesday evening, said he woke up surrounded by paramedics with a hole burned in his sock.

According to reports, the 47-year-old was complaining of soreness and ringing in his ear as he lay in his hospital bed on Wednesday.

Some scepticism surrounds the case as Agan’s misfortunes; some have alleged he is either exaggerating in order to receive pain medication or possibly seeking attention.

However, two lightning experts said a strike while using a corded house phone is not unusual.

Dr. Mary Ann Cooper, a widely cited expert in the narrow field of lightning injury research, said: “It’s certainly possible.”

Leave your comment

  • (not published)