Come Dine With Me star gets death threats after insulting performance on show



Come Dine With Me

Come Dine With Me

Come Dine With Me contestant, Marcello Marino, was bombarded with hate mail and phone calls, including death threats, after making a series of insults at the show’s dinner party.

Marcello Marino was one of five contestants competing for the £1,000 prize in an episode filmed in Ramsgate, Kent that was aired last week.

Marcello told one woman she looked like “she’d never had a bath” and said another “looked a state”.

The Italian hairdresser is said to be so worried about the threats he has called in police.

Appalled viewers sent more than 1,000 letters and emails and swamped the 41-year-old’s Facebook and Twitter pages warning he would be attacked in the street.

More than two people declared that Marcello ‘deserved to die’ for being so offensive towards his fellow contestants during the show.

One viewer raged: “You are a cretin. I’d love to see you dead. You really are a slimy toad and if I ever see you in the street I’ll sort you out.”

Another said: “If I see you in the street I’m going to punch you so hard you won’t believe it, you rude t**.”

One email read: “You are the most odious, rude, two-faced person. Your dinner looked pathetic, your clothes out of the 80s.”

And one angry viewer said: “You deserve to go bankrupt and become homeless you complete fool.”

Are viewers being too sensitive about the contestant’s insults or are the angry emails warranted?

Comment below.

Comments & Debate

  1. March 31, 2011 at 3:51 pm Mary Commented:

    Where does he come from anyway ? He sounded like a cockney putting unable to say cheers in his mother tongue ????

Leave your comment

  • (not published)